Healthcare Retroactive Audits, Inc.
Updated October 2022
- This Policy.
- Scope. HRA provides you access to the Website and the Services, subject to the Website’s Terms of Service. In the course of providing access to the Website and the Services, HRA may collect “Personal Information,” which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject”) (an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person). HRA does not collect your Personal Information except to allow you to access the Website and to provide the Services or as specifically set forth in this Policy.
- Changes to this Policy. HRA reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time by posting a new Policy on this page, and in some cases where changes are material HRA may also contact you via electronic mail or post a notice on the homepage to let you know of such changes. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Website after such changes have been made constitutes acceptance of those changes. You will be directed to the applicable Policy upon your creation of an account which allows you access to any restricted portion of the Website.
- Collection of Information.
- Information that You Provide. HRA collects any information that you voluntarily provide, including when you submit information requesting a demonstration, joining the e-mail list, applying for a job or when you use the Services available through the Website. Information that you may provide includes your email address, name, phone number, location, details of your education, online social accounts and professional resume or CV. HRA may also collect information that you provide by electronic mail, telephone or other means.
- Automatically Collected Information. HRA may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your web browser type and version, the name and version of your operating system, the pages you view on the Website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Website, and the search terms you enter on the Website. This information allows HRA to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Website using the same computer or mobile device, and to improve the Website and the Services.
- Information about Legal and Other Materials. In addition, HRA may collect technical information from your computer or mobile device concerning your receipt of communications, access to materials and approval or execution of contracts, consents or other statements or agreements by means of the Website, including the Website’s Terms of Service and this Policy.
- Cookies. HRA may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Website saves on your computer or mobile device, or similar technologies. You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Website. HRA may also collect information from the Website and the email list using “web beacons,” which are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon or using unique links that can distinguish when individual users click the link. Web beacons and unique links, alone or in conjunction with cookies, may help HRA compile information about your interactions with electronic mail sent to you in connection with the Services.
- Cross-Site Tracking. HRA does not utilize technical measures in the Website to track your activities across different web sites or online services, whether you configure your browser’s Do Not Track feature or otherwise. The Website does utilize third-party application programming interfaces controlled by third parties, such as marketing tracking services, that may attempt to track your activity across other sites that utilize those interfaces.
- Use and Disclosure of Information. HRA may collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Accessing the Website and Providing the Services. HRA uses your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, or products, services or information related to the Website and to customize your experience when using the Website, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Website and providing you with content based on your interests. The legal basis for such use are the Website’s Terms of Service and this Policy.
- Analysis. HRA uses your Personal Information for improving the quality of the Website and/or the Services, including by (i) combining or aggregating any of the information collected through the Website or elsewhere for generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Website and user demographics and traffic patterns and (ii) using anonymized data that may or may not be derived from Personal Information but does not personally identify you, both for disclosure to third parties and for the purpose of enhancing the Services and developing new Service offerings. The legal basis for such use are the Website’s Terms of Service and this Policy and HRA’s legitimate interest in improving the Website and Services.
- Marketing. If you submit your information to HRA, HRA may provide you with information about the Website, Services or required notices. In addition, HRA may use collected information for delivering marketing communications that may be of interest to you. HRA does not sell or share your Personal Information with other companies so that they can market to you. You have the right to ask HRA not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. HRA will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if it intends to use your information for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms HRA uses to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting HRA at email@example.com, or clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the HRA marketing communications.
- Security. HRA may use your Personal Information for safety and security purposes, including sharing of your information for such purposes, when it is necessary to pursue HRA’s legitimate interests in ensuring the security of the Website and Services, including detecting, preventing and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of the Website’s Terms of Service, violations of law or other misuse of the Website; and when HRA believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary (A) to protect HRA’s rights or other users of the Website, the integrity of the Website, or your safety or the safety of others, or (B) to detect, prevent or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of the Website’s Terms of Service, violations of law or other misuse of the Website.
- Service Providers. HRA engages third-party service providers (such as hosting providers and analytics and security providers) to assist in operating and marketing the Services. HRA’s engagement of third-party service providers is often necessary for HRA to provide the Services to you, particularly where such third-party service providers ensure that the Website and Services are operating and secure. In other cases, HRA has a legitimate interest in third-party service providers that can help improve the Website and the Service.
- Other Disclosure. HRA may disclose Personal Information about you to others: (a) if HRA has your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of the HRA terms and conditions or policies; or (d) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims. HRA may also transfer your Personal Information to an affiliate, a subsidiary or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of HRA’s business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding, provided that any such entity that HRA transfer Personal Information to will not be permitted to process your Personal Information other than as described in this Policy without providing you notice and, if required by applicable laws, obtaining your consent.
- Jurisdiction. Information collected through the Website will be stored in, processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to such transfer to, storage in and processing within the United States.
- Security. HRA is committed to protecting your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The Website and its operators maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected through the Website. However, no information or communication Website can be 100% secure, so HRA cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. In addition, HRA is not responsible for the security of information that you transmit to the Website over networks that HRA does not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
- To enable and support security features, prevent fraud, and protect your data from unauthorized access.
- To enable features and help us provide you with personalized content.
iii. To analyze how you use the Website and to monitor site performance. These Cookies help us to identify and fix errors, understand and improve services, research and test out different features, and monitor how you reached the Website.
- Third-Party Cookies. HRA may use, among others, third-party Cookies on the System from service providers such as the following. The privacy policies of third-party providers should be consulted for details of their own usage of such information.
- Google Analytics. Our Website may utilize analytics reports from providers such as Google Analytics to track unique visitors to the Website, and showing website usage and referral sources. It also helps determine whether visitors have arrived at the Website via Google marketing campaigns.
- Facebook, Bing, and LinkedIn. Our Website may utilize Facebook, Bing, LinkedIn or similar social media sites for targeted marketing campaigns. The tracking capabilities of such sites determines whether visitors have arrived at the Website via such marketing campaigns.
iii. Wistia. Our Website may utilize Wistia or other video-embedding services to host video content embedded in the Website. These services typically track how many visitors play embedded videos, and how much of each video they play.
- MailChimp. HRA may utilize MailChimp or similar email services for sending updates about the System, such as announcements describing new features, to users of HRA. These services may utilize web beacons or other cookies in their internal operations.
- Google Tag Manager. HRA may utilize a website tag management system such as Google Tag Manager to allow website tags to be managed using an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data, but rather activates other tags. Google Tag Manager does not access the information captured by other tags.
- Opting Out. You can control and/or delete cookies as you. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work as intended by HRA.
- GDPR. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), HRA will process your Personal Information in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For information submitted using the Website, HRA is the data controller, as defined under GDPR. In accordance with GDPR, as a data subject you will be accorded with any applicable rights, which may include the following:
- right of confirmation;
- right of access;
iii. right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right of restriction of processing;
- right to data portability;
vii. right to object;
viii. right to withdraw data protection consent; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Residents of the European Union have the right to object to our continued use of your information; if there are types of information you don’t agree to us processing or have any other inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also file complaints with the supervisory authority in the EEA.
- Third-Party Websites. The Website and communications from HRA may contain links to websites operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that HRA is not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such websites that are not under HRA’s control. HRA encourages you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
- Children’s Information. The Website is not directed to, nor does HRA knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided information without your consent, please contact HRA immediately using the contact information provided below.
- Other Agreements. You may from time to time enter into binding legal agreements relating to certain Services available through the Website, which may have terms that are different from those of this Policy. In the event of any inconsistency, the terms of such other agreement shall control with respect to such Services.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Policy or the collection or use of information about you, please write to HRA at email@example.com or PO Box 2238295, Doral, FL 33172.